Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday, May 13

Our visit to Chile is winding down. The saga of no wireless continues as even McDonald´s has become unreliable. Of course, there are plenty of internet cafes around but it is hard to go back to the old technology. Yesterday most of the group went to Isla Negra to see the home of Pedro Neruda, the nobel prize winning poet of Chile. They also went to San Antonio, the port of Santiago, for lunch in another typical Chilean restaurant. The weather was not great but at least it did not pour. Today we have a morning to sleep in and then we have some activities at the university in the afternoon and evening. I have not been able to post more pictures because they are on my laptop but if I don´t do that in Chile, I will do it when I get back to Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment